Welcome to BELLMARC. BELLMARC, CORP., its subsidiaries, and affiliates (collectively “BELLMARC,” “us,” “our,” or “we“), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice (“Notice“).
This Notice describes our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information, including personal information, and the choices you may have. We have made our Notice easy to navigate by providing quick access to the information you may care about and easy to understand by using plain English. We strongly urge you to read this Notice from beginning to end.
Overview and Scope
We believe that you should know what information we collect from you and how we use it and that you should have meaningful control over both. This Notice describes how we collect and use information, including personal information, with whom we share information, your rights, and choices, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Please note that BELLMARC is a real estate company that operates through a franchise system. BELLMARC’s real estate brokerage offices are owned and operated by franchisees who are independent businessmen and businesswomen. In turn, these brokerages retain the services of sales associates (real estate agents), who are independent contractors. This Notice does not apply to the privacy practices of BELLMARC real estate brokers or their sales associates or to any websites or mobile applications they may independently operate. Please consult with our franchisees and sales associates to learn more about their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
When you access our websites or use our mobile applications (“Online Services”), contact us, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, “Services”), we collect personal information about you. Personal information is information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may also receive personal information about you from other sources. We may combine the personal information you provide to us with information that is collected through automated methods and with information we receive from other sources. Information we collect about you may include:
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Online Services and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Online Services according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to the Online Services.
How we use the information we collect
We use information that we collected or that you provided to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your Account with us.
- To support you and to respond to your inquiries, including connecting you with a BELLMARC brokerage or sales associate.
- To personalize your experience on our Online Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Online Services, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Online Services, products and Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improving our Online Services, products, and Services.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Legal basis for collecting and using the information we collect
We only use the information we collect about you or that you provided to us for the purposes outlined in this Notice and based on the following legal grounds:
- Your consent (as permitted by applicable law);
- Our legitimate business interests, including:
- managing our relationship with you;
- managing our relationship with BELLMARC real estate brokerages and sales associates;
- direct marketing;
- product development and enhancement;
- fraud and financial crime detection and prevention;
- information, system, network, and cyber security;
- general corporate operations and due diligence;
- To provide services to you; and
- To comply with a legal obligation and/or defend against legal claims.
How do we share the information we collect
We share the information we collect about you or that you provided to us as described in this Notice:
- The BELLMARC Network. We may share this information within the BELLMARC Network. The BELLMARC Network includes BELLMARC, our affiliates, our subsidiaries, and our sales associates.
- Service providers. We may share this information with service providers who provide certain services on our behalf such as data hosting or processing services. These service providers may need to access this information to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose this information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers to contractually commit to protecting the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Business partners. We may share this information with third-party business partners. We require our business partners to contractually commit to protecting the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Anonymized information. We may share analyses of our server logs, traffic, or information relating to customer leads, including details regarding the usage of the Online Services and general information about our audience, with current or potential advertisers or business partners. Such disclosures typically aggregate usage data from these analyses and other information not generally considered to be personal information.
- Corporate Transactions. In addition, if we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your personal information will still be subject to this Notice and the privacy choices you have made.
Your rights and choices
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from BELLMARC brokers or BELLMARC sales associates, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in those emails or contact them directly.
If you created an Account, you can always access your personal information by logging into your Account. If you have trouble or you need further assistance with accessing your Account or deleting your Account, you may contact us at info@Bellmarc.com
Your data protection rights
Depending on where you reside and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights about the personal information you shared with us:
- The right to request confirmation of whether we process personal information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- The right to request that we rectify or update personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated;
- The right to request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that we restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances; for example, while we consider a request to update your personal information;
- The right to request that we sent to another company, where technically feasible, your personal information;
- The right to withdraw consent to processing your personal information that you previously gave; and
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
To exercise these rights, contact us at info@Bellmarc.com. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. For this reason, we maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements designed to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, or misuse. We periodically review our security measures and update them accordingly. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We store your personal information in our servers and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services we engage in, located in the United States and Canada. We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected your personal information unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to other websites and social media
Our Online Services may offer links to websites, apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, that are run by third parties. If you visit a third-party website, you should read the website’s privacy notice, terms and conditions, and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties. Any personal information you give to those organizations is dealt with under their privacy notice, terms and conditions, and other policies.
The Online Services are not intended or directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children or track their use of the Online Services.
International data transfer
Your personal information may be accessed, stored, and processed in a country where we have operations or where we engaged service providers. This means that we may transfer personal information that we maintain about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. The data protection and privacy laws in those countries may offer a lower level of protection than the data protection and privacy laws of your country. By using our Services, you acknowledge that such transfers of information outside of your country of residency may occur.
Transfers from the EEA or Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your information to the United States and onward transfers. RE/MAX is certified under the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse/enforcement/liability, and the extent applicable, the supplemental principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov. In addition, we rely on derogations for specific situations as outlined in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. information with your consent, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about our compliance with the Privacy Shield. Any questions or concerns should be sent to info@Bellmarc.com. We will respond to complaints related to the Privacy Shield within 45 days. If a complaint cannot be resolved informally, we have agreed to participate in the JAMS dispute resolution procedures under the Privacy Shield principles. EEA and Switzerland residents with unresolved complaints may refer them to JAMS as described at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain circumstances, these dispute resolution processes may result in your ability to invoke binding arbitration. BELLMARC is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
BELLMARC brokers and sales associates
If you are a BELLMARC broker or sales associate, you can learn more about what personal information we collect from you, how we use it, and how you can contact us by reviewing the on BELLMARC.com.
Changes to this Notice
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility. For this reason, we may, from time to time, make changes to this Notice. Changes to this Notice will be made on this page. The date this Notice was last revised is identified at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed of any changes to this Notice.
If you have general questions or comments about BELLMARC contact us at: